How to Donate
Donations may be made by an individual, a company, an orgnisation or a group of well-wishers and can be made at any time. All donations will be receipted, as follows:
- In Cash. This must be handed over to a member of CARE staff and will be immediately receipted by the latter by issue of an official receipt in the name of the donor. Cash donations should not be sent by post.
- By Cheque. This must be crossed and made payable to “Catholic AIDS Response Effort”, with the donor’s particulars clearly printed at the back. If the donation is sent by post, the receipt will be posted back.
- By GIRO. The arrangements for this are being finalised and will be updated here shortly. No receipt will be issued for payment via GIRO.
Donations Tax Deductible
- All donations to an IPC are tax deductible.
- To enjoy this, wef 1 Jan 2011, all donors must provide their Tax Reference ((ie NRIC, FIN, UEN, etc) to the IPC when making the donation. The IPC will submit returns of donors monthly to the Controller of Income Tax, who will automatically deduct the donation from the donor’s assessable income. The donor need not do anything, and need not include the donation or its receipt in the Income Tax Returns.
- Tax deductible receipts are no longer necessary. CARE will continue to issue receipts except for GIRO payments for donors’ record purposes.
Donors are therefore kindly asked to provide the following information when making a donation:
- Name as in NRIC.
- Tax Reference ((ie NRIC, FIN, UEN, etc)
- Mailing address
- Specific purpose of donation, if any
- Telephone or Mobile
- Fax and Email (in the case of a Designated Donation)
We recommend you click here and use this simple Form For Making a Donation (Form D)